REGULATOR SXS 62X
The SXS 62X regulator is incredibly compact and lightweight. SXS stands for Second eXtra Small, emphasising the extreme lightness and compactness of the second stage.
This versatile regulator is an excellent choice for any side configuration. With a few simple operations, the user can easily configure this regulator for right or left-sided use.
Mares has chosen to combine the SXS second stage with the proven 62X first stage, creating one of the strongest, lightest regulators in the industry.
The compact 62X boasts all of the innovative features of Mares first stages, such as AST technology (Auto Sealing Technology), a pneumatic system that protects against water entering the first stage, and the proven Natural DFC System (Dynamic Flow Control) which ensures high, constant airflow at any depth.
The main features of the 62X first stage are:
• DFC LP port for high air flow at any depth
• Pre-oriented LP and HP ports
• A.S.T. for a watertight first stage
• A lighter, more compact diaphragm
• A pearl chrome finish
The Mares SXS second stage features a curved bypass and larger diameter compared to other models, providing high airflow. This unique feature, combined with Mares’ patented Vortex Assisted Design (VAD), provides divers with comfortable airflow at any depth.
Mares has also designed a new deflector to optimise the Venturi effect and reduce the risk of free-flow, ensuring smoother, more comfortable inhalation, even at depths greater than 100m.
An octopus version is also available. Its slim, compact shape allows the octopus to fit easily into the pocket of a BCD.
The main features of the SXS second stage are:
• The smallest, most compact Mares second stage
• Made of ultra-lightweight technopolymer
• A V.A.D system with a “curved” bypass tube for maximum airflow
• Can be used on either the right or left side
• A lateral exhaust tube for better visibility in all diving positions
• An easy-to-use, soft exhaust button
• A Superflex hose